Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan F

Default Deleting a $ sign in Excel

How do I delete a $ sign next to a number in Excel. Seems the $ sign is
embedded in the cell even if I back space.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Try FormatcellNumberGeneral

Cheers,
--
AP
"Alan F" <Alan a écrit dans le message de news:
How do I delete a $ sign next to a number in Excel. Seems the $ sign is
embedded in the cell even if I back space.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

It sounds like the cells are formatted as Currency.

Try this:

Select the cells to be impacted.
From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<number tab
Category: Select "General" or "Number"
Click the [OK] button

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Alan F" wrote:

How do I delete a $ sign next to a number in Excel. Seems the $ sign is
embedded in the cell even if I back space.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KellTainer

Weird, it seems like the cell was custom formatted but then again the
dollar sign didnt disappear after you deleted the value inside. Try
looking at the custom formatting options if it was formatted weirdly?

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322