MacK

Default Deleting Rows in MS Excel

How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without highlighting
and deleting each row in turn?
--
MacK
Fredrik Wahlgren

"MacK" wrote in message
How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without

highlighting
and deleting each row in turn?
--
MacK

You need a macro.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213610

/Fredrik

Michael

Hi Mack
If this is a one off, Click on the first row header, then Hold Ctrl and
click on all of the other row headers and then delete them.
If you are going to do it on a regular basis you would be better to create a
Macro.

HTH
Michael

"MacK" wrote:

How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without highlighting
and deleting each row in turn?
--
MacK

X_HOBBES

Assuming you just need to do this once, but have a bunch of rows to delete
(say 1000+), it can be a pain to select every other row. So, here's a
simple one-time trick.

1. Insert a temporary column as Column A
2. In this temporary Column A, flag all rows you want to delete with a "1"
value
- To do this, simply use a formula such as this:
Cell A2 = "1"
Cell A3 = ""
Cell A4 = A2
Cell A5 = A3
- Copy this formula all the way down -- you'll end up with a "1" in
every other row.
3. Sort the worksheet based on Column A, so all of the flagged rows will be
grouped together
4. Select all of the grouped rows and delete.

"MacK" wrote:

How can I delete every other row on an Excel worksheet without

highlighting
and deleting each row in turn?
--
MacK

Jmnoi

Hello Mack,

You can use an if statement to "group" your empty rows. Insert a column to
the left of your data and start on the first new cell in the new column.
(For example: your data is from cell A2 through G82 [A2:G82] - when you
insert the new column, your data will move one column right [B2:H82] with the
"A" column blank. With this example, you would begin in cell A2 and write
the following:

This means: If cell B2 is blank, then enter the number 1, if not, do nothing
(leave this cell blank).
Autofill (copy formula, with relative referencing - cell reference will
increase by one automatically) this formula all the way down to the end of
your data, then sort by column A.
All of the "1"'s will group together and you can delete them as a range
(group).

I hope this helps - I've used it and it works perfectly.