Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying percentage sign in cell

We want to have a cell show just the numerica value of the percentage. I.e.
if it is .07 and displays as 7%, we just want the 7 to display. How do we
format the cell to do that? We've tried all of the format choices that would
apply to numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If these are typed in values why don't you just type in 7 and format as
general, if you need to do calculations you can always divide it by 100 in
the formula, or if it is a result of a calculation just multiply it with 100
and format as general

Peo Sjoblom

"Feather 52" wrote in message
We want to have a cell show just the numerica value of the percentage.
I.e.
if it is .07 and displays as 7%, we just want the 7 to display. How do we
format the cell to do that? We've tried all of the format choices that
would
apply to numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

One way
Enter 100 in a blank cell. Copy the cell.
Mark the range of cells concerned, Paste SpecialMultiply

Note this will turn any formulae into (original_formula)*100
--
Regards

Roger Govier