Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
S R S R is offline

Default Must save to view formula results

I'm doing a sum on a single column of numbers =sum(d3:d50). After updating
new values to the column I now must save the worksheet to view the updated
formula results. I've been using this worksheet for over a year and suddenly
this happened.
Excel 2003, SP3, Office Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check Tools|Options, Calculation tab, and ensure the Automatic calculation is
checked.

This is excel wide, not workbook specific, so, if you open a book that has
manual calculations, any other books you open after that (with the first one
still open), will switch to manual calculations. The reverse is also true.
The first workbook opened determines how any subsequent workbooks will
calculate.

Hope this helps.
--
John C

"S R" wrote:

I'm doing a sum on a single column of numbers =sum(d3:d50). After updating
new values to the column I now must save the worksheet to view the updated
formula results. I've been using this worksheet for over a year and suddenly
this happened.
Excel 2003, SP3, Office Professional

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like Calculation is set to Manual:
Try Tools--Options--Calculation--Automatic

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com