Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NicciS

Default View formula results

My Excel is stuck in Formula View Mode - when I enter formula's, the cells
won't display the values just the formula.
Example Formula:
=D2+D3

And that's all that displays, not the value.
I tried ctrl+` and that didn't work

HELP - I can't calculate anything anymore!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
goober

Try going to "Tools" then "Options" this will bring up a screen showing
default settings for your Excell. Then click the "View" tab and see if
"formulas" has been checked. If it has then uncheck it and your sheets
should now show the values instead of the formulas.

Hope it helped.

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"NicciS" wrote:
.. when I enter formula's, the cells
won't display the values just the formula.

From the above line, one other guess is that the cells may have been
inadvertently pre-formatted as Text. Try selecting the entire sheet (or
just the col) and re-format as say: General. Then just re-confirm the
formula in the starting cell (click inside the formula bar and press ENTER)
and copy down/across, etc. That should get it going.
--
Rgds
Max