Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Delia

Default How to save results of a formula in an other cell

I have a formula in one cell, that gives me different results for different
entries. I would like to store this results in an other place (other range of
cells) so that in the end to have, for example, the last 10 results of this
formula. Is this possible? I am a beginner. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

each time you use the formula to produce an answer, you must paste that
answer as a value into a list....... If your list is next to the
numbers 1,2,3etc
............A.........B
1..........1......15.43
2..........2.......7.89
3..........3.......12.1

Then you could pick out the last 10 results using offset and match

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

You would probably need to use a macro or be very clever in using intentional
circular references.

You can't have 10 instances of the formula and let the user specify 10
separate inputs?

Tom Ogilvy

"Delia" wrote:

I have a formula in one cell, that gives me different results for different
entries. I would like to store this results in an other place (other range of
cells) so that in the end to have, for example, the last 10 results of this
formula. Is this possible? I am a beginner. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Delia

Thank you Tom Ogilvy and Robert111.
Tom I feel clever but I can't use intentional circular references... not
yet... :-)
This formula is it self a kind of result from a range of cells (6x7)
Robert111: I've thought of that, but as I said, I am a beginner... How to
paste the answers as values automatically?

"robert111" wrote:

each time you use the formula to produce an answer, you must paste that
answer as a value into a list....... If your list is next to the
numbers 1,2,3etc
............A.........B
1..........1......15.43
2..........2.......7.89
3..........3.......12.1

Then you could pick out the last 10 results using offset and match

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

you can not paste the answer from a formula automatically....

but

you can write a simple macro that picks up that value, goes to the yop
of your list, goes to the bottom of the list, goes down one cell, and
then pastes, special, values.

You need to set the macro recorder to relative references

Say the top cell of your list is named "start"

the macro would go to start, ie F5, start
go to the bottom of the list ie Control key and down arrow together
go down one more cell ie down arrow
finally edit paste special values

You could draw a box and position near your original formula and attach
the macro to it, so one click and your latest value is archived.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Delia

Thank you , I will try.
I wish you all a nice day.
Delia

"robert111" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Even a macro isn't going to function automatically. You would have to
trigger it by tying it to the appropriate event. Chip Pearson has an
introduction to events at

If you want to pick up the next available cell in a range

set rng = Range("M1:M10")
idx = application.countA(rng)
if idx < 10 then
rng(idx+1).Value = range("B9")
else
' range if full - what do you want to do
end if

Tom Ogilvy

"Delia" wrote:

Thank you , I will try.