schuldies21

Default no formula results in cell

I am trying to get results for a simple =(A2-INT(A2))*24 but this formula is
the only thing in the desired cell. I tried reformatting cell to general,
number, you name it. Having same problem with concantenate function.
Formula stays in cell, no results. Any help?
Gary''s Student

1. clear the cell ( will get rid of any hidden apostrophies)
2. format as general
3. then re-type the formula ( do not paste it in )

--
Gary''s Student

"schuldies21" wrote:

I am trying to get results for a simple =(A2-INT(A2))*24 but this formula is
the only thing in the desired cell. I tried reformatting cell to general,
number, you name it. Having same problem with concantenate function.
Formula stays in cell, no results. Any help?

Gord Dibben

Either you are in Formula View or the cells are formatted as text.

Changing the Format alone won't do the trick.

For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas
on/off.

For the second, Format the cells to General then F2 and ENTER to see results.

If you have already done a great whack of these formulas, select all and
EditReplace

what: =
with: =

Replace All and OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:18:05 -0700, "schuldies21"
wrote:

I am trying to get results for a simple =(A2-INT(A2))*24 but this formula is
the only thing in the desired cell. I tried reformatting cell to general,
number, you name it. Having same problem with concantenate function.
Formula stays in cell, no results. Any help?

Blue Hornet

Gord Dibben wrote:
Either you are in Formula View or the cells are formatted as text.

Changing the Format alone won't do the trick.

For the first, hit CTRL + `(back quote above TAB key) to toggle View Formulas
on/off.

Hey, Gord, that is very cool. I didn't know that before; thanks!

Since you know that one, can you tell me the keystroke shortcut to view
all of the formatting attributes in a cell? I knew there was one some
time ago but now I don't know where to find it again.