Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
davidinatlanta

Default How do I view formula results intead of formula in excel?

I have a spreadsheet that someone email me and I am trying to add a formula
to it. Instead of the cell showing the results of the formula, it just shows
the actual formula, "=VLOOKUP(F2,'[02-06-06 National Accounts with SC & CSA
Info.xls]Sales Transformation Data'!$N$3:$O$3525,2,FALSE)"

I tried Ctrl ` as suggested from Microsoft Help, but that seemed to toggle
the column widths.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

Try tools, options,view,windows options, untick the formulas box if it
is ticked

regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

2 possible reasons.
a) All cells with formulas are formatted as text. Format them as
General/Number/Date etc., and then replace all "=" with "=" (EditReplace
from menu).
b) 'Formulas' is checked in ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck it

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"davidinatlanta" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that someone email me and I am trying to add a formula
to it. Instead of the cell showing the results of the formula, it just
shows
the actual formula, "=VLOOKUP(F2,'[02-06-06 National Accounts with SC &
CSA
Info.xls]Sales Transformation Data'!$N$3:$O$3525,2,FALSE)"

I tried Ctrl ` as suggested from Microsoft Help, but that seemed to toggle
the column widths.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Hi David,
CTRL+` (the accent on the key next to 1 on top row of typewriter keys)
should work
If not, try Tools | Options; open View tab; look in lower part (Window
options) and uncheck Formulas
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"davidinatlanta" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that someone email me and I am trying to add a formula
to it. Instead of the cell showing the results of the formula, it just
shows
the actual formula, "=VLOOKUP(F2,'[02-06-06 National Accounts with SC &
CSA
Info.xls]Sales Transformation Data'!$N$3:$O$3525,2,FALSE)"

I tried Ctrl ` as suggested from Microsoft Help, but that seemed to toggle
the column widths.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
davidinatlanta

Thank you all for your quick posts. I tried your suggestions to no avail. I
looked at a different spreadsheet to see if the ctrl + ` works and it did
there. But for some reason, it doesn't want to work in this one. I selected
the entire spreadsheet and changed the format to General, I changed out all
the "=" with "=", it is still a mystery.