Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Encryption using excel

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Robert, I figured out on my own from reading previous questions that there
is nothing out there to encrypt 1 column (I have used Left, Right, Mid to get
my result) but you should probably use google and search
freeware-encryption........ There are a lot of applications out there to
encrypt whole files. Doehead

"Robert Blass" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:13:00 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

"Robert Blass" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

I like your name "doehead", it's a bold name.

thanks for the advice on encryotion

ENCRYPTION in excel? Robert Blass Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 11th 08 05:54 PM
Excel encryption Jill Male Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 13th 08 10:33 PM
Excel 2007 encryption Will Fleenor Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 April 17th 07 03:29 PM
Excel Encryption PT New Users to Excel 1 October 19th 06 02:12 AM
Excel Encryption Key Chris Wagoner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 17th 04 04:01 PM