Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2007 encryption

This is a repost. I am not a hacker (take that as you wish), I am a trainer
who is trying to provide accurate information to business end users so that
they can make reasonable decisions.

Your insights will be appreciated.

Will Fleenor

Subject: Excel 2007 encryption

I am having difficulty finding information on the Excel 2007 encryption
settings.

Issue#1: When I am saving a file in the legacy .xls format, where do I
find
the advanced option that lets me choose the encryption type?

Issue #2: I understand I can change the default encryption type in Excel
2007 by using the "Office Customization Tool" What is the default
customization type? Is there any way other than the Office Customization
Tool to
change the encryption setting for individual documents?

Thanks, Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Anwser from Mac: Excel 2007 encryption

Excel Encryption PT New Users to Excel 1 October 19th 06 02:12 AM
Encryption of Data in an Excel worksheet? HardRockMiner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 14th 05 09:44 PM
File encryption in excel. Moulton-Man Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 22nd 05 02:35 PM
File encryption in excel. Moulton-Man Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 22nd 05 02:35 PM
Excel Encryption Key Chris Wagoner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 17th 04 04:01 PM