Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Blass Robert Blass is offline

Default Encryption using excel

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:13:00 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi Robert, I figured out on my own from reading previous questions that there
is nothing out there to encrypt 1 column (I have used Left, Right, Mid to get
my result) but you should probably use google and search
freeware-encryption........ There are a lot of applications out there to
encrypt whole files. Doehead

"Robert Blass" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

I like your name "doehead", it's a bold name.

thanks for the advice on encryotion