-   -   Encryption using excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/205956-encryption-using-excel.html)

Doehead

Encryption using excel

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Robert Blass

Encryption using excel

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

Doehead

Encryption using excel

Hi Robert, I figured out on my own from reading previous questions that there
is nothing out there to encrypt 1 column (I have used Left, Right, Mid to get
my result) but you should probably use google and search
freeware-encryption........ There are a lot of applications out there to
encrypt whole files. Doehead

"Robert Blass" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

Robert Blass

Encryption using excel

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:13:00 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

"Robert Blass" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:03:01 -0700, Doehead
sayd the following:

Hi all,

I get a dump of data monthly in text format which I submit to an external
application. If I export it to excel can I encrypt one column of 10
numbers(and how do you do that ex. 1005486431, then reformat to text for the
download for submission?
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

yeah, i need too know how to encrypt and decrypt in excel 97 too.

thanks if u can help me, bye.

I like your name "doehead", it's a bold name.

thanks for the advice on encryotion