Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to Functionally move one cell to another

I am not sure if excel can even do this but I have exhausted myself looking
so far. If anyone could help I would appreciate this!

I am trying to enter the number 1 in row 3 Column C and when I press enter
it will move that number 1 to row 5 column K, while deleting the number I
just entered in row 3 column C. I want to create a box that I can enter
multiple numbers in and it will direct those numbers to rows and columns that
I choose. Can this be done?

Please Help!

--
Kyle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 14, 9:17 pm, KyleE wrote:
I am not sure if excel can even do this but I have exhausted myself looking
so far. If anyone could help I would appreciate this!

I am trying to enter the number 1 in row 3 Column C and when I press enter
it will move that number 1 to row 5 column K, while deleting the number I
just entered in row 3 column C. I want to create a box that I can enter
multiple numbers in and it will direct those numbers to rows and columns that
I choose. Can this be done?

Please Help!

--
Kyle

Some thoughts. Depending on the situation, I use all of these.

1) You could make an extra worksheet with cells just for the data you
enter. Say, put a description in cells A1:A10, and a place to type in
B1:B10. Then on the real sheet you have references to this "data
entry" sheet.

2) You could use protection. Unlock only those cells you want to enter
data into, then protect the sheet with Select Locked Cells turned OFF.
Your cursor will skip between just the specific cells you have
unlocked.

3) If you want to get to cells fast, and you know them by the
reference (C5, K10, etc), just hit F5 and type in the reference quick.