Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying Excel formulas from one Workbook to another

I have a workbook that has 13 worksheets. One for each month and then one for
a tally of all worksheets to get quarterly and ytd totals. I created 5 of
these for 5 different depts

A user corrupted the 13th summary page in one dept. I want to copy the 13th
summary page from one dept (one workbook) to the other dept (second
workbook). Every time I copy and paste, it also pastes the location of the
first workbook. I do not want to copy the workbook location, I just want to
copy the formulas. If I try paste special to get the formulas only, it still
copies in the the first workbook location. Is there a way to copy and paste
formulas from one workbook to another without the original workbook location
also copying?

Thank You!
Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try doing a find/replace and replacing the workbook name with blank on the
worksheet of interest.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Deb G" wrote:

I have a workbook that has 13 worksheets. One for each month and then one for
a tally of all worksheets to get quarterly and ytd totals. I created 5 of
these for 5 different depts

A user corrupted the 13th summary page in one dept. I want to copy the 13th
summary page from one dept (one workbook) to the other dept (second
workbook). Every time I copy and paste, it also pastes the location of the
first workbook. I do not want to copy the workbook location, I just want to
copy the formulas. If I try paste special to get the formulas only, it still
copies in the the first workbook location. Is there a way to copy and paste
formulas from one workbook to another without the original workbook location
also copying?

Thank You!
Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the range to copy.

EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy that range to the other workbook then reverse the process in both books or
just close the source book without saving.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP