Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I POPULATE AN EXCEL TEMPLATE USING DATABASE

I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx. 15 cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are "street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have read the VLOOKUP description in the help menu, and I have attempted to
follow the directions specifically, but I keep getting either a "N/A" or a
"#REF" error. I created a drop down list for the "Company Name" box and I
can select the names. I need the other fields to populate when I select the
specified "Company Name", but I can not figure out how to make the other
fields work.

I would appreciate anyone's help, or suggestions. thank you.

"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx. 15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Trent
You have a drop-down list in some cell. You select a name (company)
from that list. I assume you have a table somewhere in your file that lists
the companies and all the pertinent data for each company.
You want some of that data, for the company you selected, to appear in some
cells. In each of those cells, you would place a VLookup formula written to
get the specific data you want placed into that one cell. I presume you
have done this. Does each VLookup formula reference the table of data and
the specific column within that table that holds the specific data you want
to go into that one cell? Otto

"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I
have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx. 15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Otto,

Thank you for your reply. I am such a beginner in excel and I am trying to
follow what you are saying, unfortunately I know that I am possibly doing
more harm then good trying to mess with the formulas. Is there anyway that I
could email you a short version of what I am attempting to do? I can send
you screen shot or the excel file with some explaination of what I have done
and what I am wanting to do, if it is possible. I am sure that with your
expertise, I am wasting more of your time than necessary due to my lack of
knowledge.

Trent

"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I
have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx. 15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Send the file and I'll give it a shot. Provide as much info as you can. A
few examples of what you want to happen will be most useful. My email
address is . Remove the "extra" from this
address. Otto

"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I
have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx.
15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Otto,

Thank you for your help. I read over your responses again and again, and
just started messing with the formulas, until I finally got it. I would like
to keep your email address for the future. I don't know if you offer your
services for hire or not, but every once in a while I have an issue that I
can't figure out without much added stress on my life.

anyways, thanks for your help.
trent

"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I
have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx.
15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Trent
A thank you is all I work for. I'm an old geezer and this is my hobby.
Call on me any time. I don't have all the answers but I have some of them.
Otto