Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default HOW DO I POPULATE AN EXCEL TEMPLATE USING DATABASE

Trent
You have a drop-down list in some cell. You select a name (company)
from that list. I assume you have a table somewhere in your file that lists
the companies and all the pertinent data for each company.
You want some of that data, for the company you selected, to appear in some
cells. In each of those cells, you would place a VLookup formula written to
get the specific data you want placed into that one cell. I presume you
have done this. Does each VLookup formula reference the table of data and
the specific column within that table that holds the specific data you want
to go into that one cell? Otto
"trent" wrote in message
I have read the VLOOKUP description in the help menu, and I have attempted
follow the directions specifically, but I keep getting either a "N/A" or a
"#REF" error. I created a drop down list for the "Company Name" box and I
can select the names. I need the other fields to populate when I select
the
specified "Company Name", but I can not figure out how to make the other
fields work.

I would appreciate anyone's help, or suggestions. thank you.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Look up VLookup in help. HTH Otto
"trent" wrote in message
I need to be able to populate a form by selecting a Company Name. I
have a
template already created in which I am needing to populate approx. 15
cells
with information that is specific to the "Company". These cells are
"street
Address", "phone number", "1st product pricing", "2nd product
pricing","3rd
product pricing", etc. Is there a way to do this in excel?