Warren

Default Excel template/database/macro help

Hey

I have just created an excel template using the wizard. What I want to
do is have people in my office fill this template in and then have the
information go to another excel database and then clear.

I don’t want staff accessing the main database and as the
template requires the excel database file to be opened to transfer
information I had a small problem.

I thought I could counter this by using a simple macro that once
someone has completed the form they clicked on the macro, it opens the
database, saves the template and in the process transfers the
information to the database, saves the database, closes the database
and then clears the template form. This meant that the database was
only open for the few seconds it took to input the new information.

But my problem is that the macro (I used macro recorder as I have very
little VB knowledge) doesn’t recognise the save on the template.
I think this may be because of the dialogue that appears asking you
whether to update existing, create new, etc
It seems that the macro recorder doesn’t recognise what I input
once this dialogue box appears. The option I want people to select is
always the same “create a new record”.

Anyone have any ideas of getting around this problem? Any suggestion
would be very welcome.

Thanks :)

--
Warren
Warren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28260

Warren

Anybody any ideas?? :)

bump

--
Warren
Warren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28260
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478217

RogerN

Warren

If you have used the template wixard, it does NOT require the database to be
open.

In fact the database can be stored in a different directory to the one being
used by the staff.

As long as you have saved the original template as a .xlt with no data, then
when they save a new form, it will enable them to elect to update the
database.

Hope this helps.

Roger

"Warren" wrote: