Warren

Default Excel template/database/macro help

Hey

I have just created an excel template using the wizard. What I want to
do is have people in my office fill this template in and then have the
information go to another excel database and then clear.

I don’t want staff accessing the main database and as the
template requires the excel database file to be opened to transfer
information I had a small problem.

I thought I could counter this by using a simple macro that once
someone has completed the form they clicked on the macro, it opens the
database, saves the template and in the process transfers the
information to the database, saves the database, closes the database
and then clears the template form. This meant that the database was
only open for the few seconds it took to input the new information.

But my problem is that the macro (I used macro recorder as I have very
little VB knowledge) doesn’t recognise the save on the template.
I think this may be because of the dialogue that appears asking you
whether to update existing, create new, etc
It seems that the macro recorder doesn’t recognise what I input
once this dialogue box appears. The option I want people to select is
always the same “create a new record”.

Anyone have any ideas of getting around this problem? Any suggestion
would be very welcome.

Thanks :)

--
Warren