Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MS Questionnairess

Default How can I have Excel cells populate a Word label template?

I have an Excel worksheet that I'm using to create a continuous file
inventory list and a self-created Word .doc for labels (four labels per page).

Let us say that on the Excel spreadsheet columns A, B and C contain the file
name components (i.e. A='regional code', B='type code', C='sequential
number') and row 1 would therefore, say, appear as 'US' 'Report' '1', row 2
would appear as 'CANADA' 'Letter' '1', etc.

I have a template label in my Word document that is 4 -labels-per-page. An
individual label would require the information found on each row under
columns A, B and C in one area, information from columns 'D' (= 'file subject
title') and 'E' (=file contents) in another area, etc.

The first label on the page would have 'US Report 1' in the file name area,
the second label would have 'CANADA Letter 1' and subsequent labels would
have information from rows 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.

I'm not sure how to link the Excel source information, however, to create an
automatically-generated label from my Word document in an efficient manner
since the original Excel list will (eventually) contain hundreds of rows and
is contantly being added to.

Another problem for me to figure out is how to make sure that each of the
three subsequent labels on the four-label-per-page template is populated with
the same kind of column information as the first one and how to automatically
create a new four-label-a-page page once the first four labels are generated
so that I'm not constantly trying to remember to print out the labels once
four are populated.

Perhaps I'm asking for the world?

Any tips or direction would be greatly appreciated :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

I don't know if that's possible, but Word MVP Cindy Meister has merging
information that may help you:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

There's also a Word Mail Merge newsgroup where you could post your
question, and someone there may be able to help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures