Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 Formulas

I need help...I'm trying to find a formula that will figure how many days and
employee will have based on how many years he/she has been employed. My
spreadsheet looks something like this...
Name Hire Date Years Employed Days Annual
Leave
Mr. Smith 8-28-1973 35
?

Annual Leave is aquired like this..
1-2 years: 5 days, 3-7 years: 10 days, 8-14 years: 15 days, 15-19 years:20
days, 20-24 years: 25 days, 25 years or mo 30 days.
Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

check datedif funcion on the help it will help you a lot;

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Skeeter man" escreveu:

I need help...I'm trying to find a formula that will figure how many days and
employee will have based on how many years he/she has been employed. My
spreadsheet looks something like this...
Name Hire Date Years Employed Days Annual
Leave
Mr. Smith 8-28-1973 35
?

Annual Leave is aquired like this..
1-2 years: 5 days, 3-7 years: 10 days, 8-14 years: 15 days, 15-19 years:20
days, 20-24 years: 25 days, 25 years or mo 30 days.
Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, but I've already got a formula to fiqure how many years each employee
has, I'm having trouble writing a formula that will calculate all the given
information and then telling me how many days they should be off. If this
can be done in the "Datedif" function, I don't know how to do it.

"Skeeter man" escreveu:

I need help...I'm trying to find a formula that will figure how many days and
employee will have based on how many years he/she has been employed. My
spreadsheet looks something like this...
Name Hire Date Years Employed Days Annual
Leave
Mr. Smith 8-28-1973 35
?

Annual Leave is aquired like this..
1-2 years: 5 days, 3-7 years: 10 days, 8-14 years: 15 days, 15-19 years:20
days, 20-24 years: 25 days, 25 years or mo 30 days.
Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Skeeter man" wrote in message
Thank you. I copied your formula and it worked perfectly. Thanks again
from
Florida!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

One way:

=LOOKUP(C12,{1,3,8,15,20,25},{5,10,15,20,25,30})

--
HTH

"Skeeter man" escreveu:

I need help...I'm trying to find a formula that will figure how many
days and
employee will have based on how many years he/she has been employed.
My
spreadsheet looks something like this...
Name Hire Date Years Employed
Days
Annual
Leave
Mr. Smith 8-28-1973 35
?

Annual Leave is aquired like this..
1-2 years: 5 days, 3-7 years: 10 days, 8-14 years: 15 days, 15-19
years:20
days, 20-24 years: 25 days, 25 years or mo 30 days.
Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you'll find, Marcelo, that DATEDIF has been missing from Excel help
for versions after 2000 (unless it's still in the Brazilian version?).
There is an explanation of the function at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx (previously
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm).
--
David Biddulph