Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to convert function return value to text?

For example I have a column of functions C, like
=A1-B1
=A2-B2

And so on. In C column I see results of calculation. But that's still
a function and if I change A and B the C will change.

How can I transform results of calculation to simple text? And see
only resulting numbers in C column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't necessarily want them as text, but you want to fix the
values, so here's how to do it:

Highlight the cells in column C which have the formulae in. Then click
<copy and click on Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | OK
followed by <Esc.

The values in C (which are still numbers) will not change now when you
change A1 or B1 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 22, 10:35 pm, merri wrote:
For example I have a column of functions C, like
=A1-B1
=A2-B2

And so on. In C column I see results of calculation. But that's still
a function and if I change A and B the C will change.

How can I transform results of calculation to simple text? And see
only resulting numbers in C column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much Pete!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Nov 22, 11:00 pm, merri wrote:
Thank you very much Pete!