Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need function to return text value

I have several columns with zero values (0), and one column that contains
text value. On another cell, I would like to have a formula/function that
searches the entire row, and return only the text value. Any help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks.
--
when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data in row 1

=INDEX(1:1,MATCH(TRUE,(1:1<0),0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"sahafi" wrote:

I have several columns with zero values (0), and one column that contains
text value. On another cell, I would like to have a formula/function that
searches the entire row, and return only the text value. Any help is highly
appreciated.

Thanks.
--
when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

The range of interest is row 1

=INDEX(1:1,MATCH("*",1:1,0))

Biff

"sahafi" wrote in message
I have several columns with zero values (0), and one column that contains
text value. On another cell, I would like to have a formula/function that
searches the entire row, and return only the text value. Any help is
highly
appreciated.

Thanks.
--
when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Teethless mama & Biff,

Thanks to both of you. All 3 formulas worked as I needed.

--
If u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Another way: