Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GH GH is offline

Default Using TODAY function to return a date as text

I need to enter today's date in a formula in the following format:
"12/19/2006". I would like this formula to update automatically with the
current date. When I enter TODAY(), in my formula, I get a #REF! error. I
suspect that the reason why I get this error is that TODAY() is returning the
date in the serial date format. I have tried referring my formula to another
cell that contains the formula =TODAY(), with date formatting for the cell,
but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have a suggestion for using
TODAY() to return a value as text?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline