Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if then statements

I haven't used in forever and now need... I have cells formatted custome as
0;-0;;@ so that if there is a 0 it won't show and become visually in the way,
but now the other problem that I need is if the cell (e9) above my cell (e10)
is equal to or lesser than the formula should put a 0 in the cell and
therefore nothing will show.

should this be =IF(e10<=e9)THEN"0" or bracket use...really need the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I forgot to factor in the cell beside...uggg! I appreciate your help
and am eagerly waiting for a solution....

Looks like this...

Injury A
Injury B
This Month / YTD Total This Month /YTD Total

Person A 1 1

And I have a running total but don't want all of the same number running
down the column... with that statement it won't factor in the next Person B
so now I'm missing something... any ideas?

I appreciate your help and have a big deadline...

"Rhonda" wrote:

I haven't used in forever and now need... I have cells formatted custome as
0;-0;;@ so that if there is a 0 it won't show and become visually in the way,
but now the other problem that I need is if the cell (e9) above my cell (e10)
is equal to or lesser than the formula should put a 0 in the cell and
therefore nothing will show.

should this be =IF(e10<=e9)THEN"0" or bracket use...really need the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rhonda,

but now the other problem that I need is if the cell (e9) above my cell
(e10)
should this be =IF(e10<=e9)THEN"0" or bracket use

If a formula refers to the cell that is holding the formula you will get a
Circukar Reference Error

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Rhonda" wrote in message
I haven't used in forever and now need... I have cells formatted custome
as
0;-0;;@ so that if there is a 0 it won't show and become visually in the
way,
but now the other problem that I need is if the cell (e9) above my cell
(e10)
is equal to or lesser than the formula should put a 0 in the cell and
therefore nothing will show.

should this be =IF(e10<=e9)THEN"0" or bracket use...really need the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ho Rhonda,

What is it that you are trying to do? If you have the user inputing a value
into the cell that that will overwrite the formula. Depending on what you
are doing there may be other ways of doing it.

Give enough detail of your spreadsheet for us to be able to understand what
you are doing but remember that we cannot see your shreadsheet.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Rhonda" wrote in message
so it's not possible?

Rhonda,

"Rhonda" wrote in message
I haven't used in forever and now need... I have cells formatted
custome
as
0;-0;;@ so that if there is a 0 it won't show and become visually in
the
way,
but now the other problem that I need is if the cell (e9) above my cell
(e10)
is equal to or lesser than the formula should put a 0 in the cell and
therefore nothing will show.

should this be =IF(e10<=e9)THEN"0" or bracket use...really need the
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The year to date total below is a running total, but now that all the
spreadsheets are linked together for the last 12 years etc. The additional
1's that are running down the column are distracting. I would like the cell
below to reference the one above and if the same place a 0 this way nothing
will come up as the cell is formatted to be blank for 0. The formula you gave
me is great...only problem is now when I put a new # in for the month is
doesn't calculate into the Yr to date total. I hope this pic that follows
demonstrates what I am attempting to do...

Slip &Fall

Employee This Yr to
Mo. Date

Employee A 1 1
1
1
1
1

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Ho Rhonda,

What is it that you are trying to do? If you have the user inputing a value
into the cell that that will overwrite the formula. Depending on what you
are doing there may be other ways of doing it.

Give enough detail of your spreadsheet for us to be able to understand what
you are doing but remember that we cannot see your shreadsheet.

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Rhonda" wrote in message
so it's not possible?