JP

Default calculate percentage

Hi there all,

Can someone please offer assistance. I just can't seem to work this out and
its a bit of a dive into the program to have perform this function so i can
export the result back into another program.

I have in column A a list of numbers. I need for excel to calculate .95888
or 95.888% of the value of A1 and put the answer into B1.

I have some 800 entries...A1, A2, A3 etc...A800 and would like it to
calculate each and place the answer into the corresponding B1, B2, B3
etc...B800.

That's it. Any explanation of how to do this would be fantastic. I use
version 2002.

Thanks to all,

JP

Roger Govier

In cell B1 enter
=A1*.9588
Using the fill handle (the little black cross at the right bottom corner of
the cell), honld you left mouse button down and drag dow to B800
--
Regards
Roger Govier
"JP" wrote in message
Hi there all,

Can someone please offer assistance. I just can't seem to work this out
and its a bit of a dive into the program to have perform this function so
i can export the result back into another program.

I have in column A a list of numbers. I need for excel to calculate .95888
or 95.888% of the value of A1 and put the answer into B1.

I have some 800 entries...A1, A2, A3 etc...A800 and would like it to
calculate each and place the answer into the corresponding B1, B2, B3
etc...B800.

That's it. Any explanation of how to do this would be fantastic. I use
version 2002.

Thanks to all,

JP

Niek Otten

<honld you left mouse button down and drag dow to B800

Or double-click that fill handle

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JP" wrote in message
Hi there all,

Can someone please offer assistance. I just can't seem to work this out
and its a bit of a dive into the program to have perform this function so
i can export the result back into another program.

I have in column A a list of numbers. I need for excel to calculate
.95888 or 95.888% of the value of A1 and put the answer into B1.

I have some 800 entries...A1, A2, A3 etc...A800 and would like it to
calculate each and place the answer into the corresponding B1, B2, B3
etc...B800.

That's it. Any explanation of how to do this would be fantastic. I use
version 2002.

Thanks to all,

JP

JP

I just knew it was going to worse.

I can't get my other program to see this new value.

So now...i have a value in B1 through to B800. I have divided this value
by 25 and the result is in C1 - C800. This value represents seconds. How
can i display this second(time) value into
hours : mins: sec: fraction of sec.
00:00:00.000
For example...if C = 3837.184 (seconds)I would like that represented as
01:03:57.184

It would be ok if the components (hrs, mins, secs, fraction) were placed
into different columns.
I can export to word and merge.replace etc to get the colons etc in place.

What a powerful program this is...im impressed. IF your wondering what all
this is about.
I am trying to convert a ntsc subtitle file into a PAL file. The two relate
to two different telecine transfers and which is what the .95888 was all
about.

Thank you for your help.

John

JP

Let me ask this,

How can i divide a number into cell value, have the answer placed in one
row/cell and the remainder in another.

So if in C1 was 3609
If D1 was "=C1/3600 with the left overs going into E1

So C1 would be 3609
D1 would end up with 01
and E1 would have 09

It would be important to me to have single digits represented as 01 rather
than as 1.

cheers

"JP" wrote in message
u...
[...]

Niek Otten

Hi John,

In Excel, 1 day is represented as 1. So a second is 1/(24*60*60) = 1/86400.
So in C1: =B1/(25*86400)
Then format as time, hh:mm:ss

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JP" wrote in message
u...
[...]

Niek Otten

D1: =INT(C1/3600)
E1: =Mod(C1,3600)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JP" wrote in message
u...
Let me ask this,

How can i divide a number into cell value, have the answer placed in one
row/cell and the remainder in another.

So if in C1 was 3609
If D1 was "=C1/3600 with the left overs going into E1

So C1 would be 3609
D1 would end up with 01
and E1 would have 09

It would be important to me to have single digits represented as 01 rather
than as 1.

cheers

u...