JP

Let me ask this,

How can i divide a number into cell value, have the answer placed in one
row/cell and the remainder in another.

So if in C1 was 3609
If D1 was "=C1/3600 with the left overs going into E1

So C1 would be 3609
D1 would end up with 01
and E1 would have 09

It would be important to me to have single digits represented as 01 rather
than as 1.

cheers

"JP" wrote in message
u...
I just knew it was going to worse.

I can't get my other program to see this new value.

So now...i have a value in B1 through to B800. I have divided this value
by 25 and the result is in C1 - C800. This value represents seconds. How
can i display this second(time) value into
hours : mins: sec: fraction of sec.
00:00:00.000
For example...if C = 3837.184 (seconds)I would like that represented as
01:03:57.184

It would be ok if the components (hrs, mins, secs, fraction) were placed
into different columns.
I can export to word and merge.replace etc to get the colons etc in place.

What a powerful program this is...im impressed. IF your wondering what all
this is about.
I am trying to convert a ntsc subtitle file into a PAL file. The two
relate to two different telecine transfers and which is what the .95888
was all about.

Thank you for your help.

John