Suzie

Default calculate percentage of two cells

I paid $5 and netted $10 on a stock
Cell 2A has a number -5
Cell 2B has a number 10
Cell 2C - what formula would I put in this cell to calculate the percentage
profit?
Biff

Hi!

=(B2-ABS(B1))/ABS(B1)*100

Biff

Cell 2C - what formula would I put in this cell to

calculate the percentage
profit?
.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=-(B2/A2+1)

Format as a %age.

In article ,
"Suzie" wrote:

I paid $5 and netted $10 on a stock
Cell 2A has a number -5
Cell 2B has a number 10
Cell 2C - what formula would I put in this cell to calculate the percentage
profit?

Suzie

Thank you Biff - I could have been years trying to figure it out! I tried
Help, my Excel book, etc. Much thanks.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

=(B2-ABS(B1))/ABS(B1)*100

Biff

Cell 2C - what formula would I put in this cell to

calculate the percentage
profit?
.

Suzie

Thank you JE, it worked! I tried and tried but could not figure a resource
myself. I much appreciate your help.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=-(B2/A2+1)