Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional indirect with data range

I am trying to set up a conditional formula to look at a value in row "K"
then highlight the entire row. The catch is that I want it to highlight in
red if the value is between "1 years, 0 months, 0 days" and "2 years, 0
months, 0 days" and I want it to be bold red if the value is greater than "2
years, 0 months, 0 days" My current formula is =INDIRECT("K"&ROW())"1
years, 0 months, 0 days"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It seems like you just need two Conditions for your format:

Condtion 1 Formula is =$k12 format is Bold and Red
Condition 2 Formula is =$k11 format is Red

Apply this to all columns in the relevant rows. I don't think you
need the indirect.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Jun 22, 4:32 pm, research lost <research
wrote:
I am trying to set up a conditional formula to look at a value in row "K"
then highlight the entire row. The catch is that I want it to highlight in
red if the value is between "1 years, 0 months, 0 days" and "2 years, 0
months, 0 days" and I want it to be bold red if the value is greater than "2
years, 0 months, 0 days" My current formula is =INDIRECT("K"&ROW())"1
years, 0 months, 0 days"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I understand the formula but am running into a problem. I have the data
already in place and need to apply the conditional to those rows already
present. With the indirect I have applied to the whole sheet I can get a row
to change to red if the value in its respective K cell is greater than 1.
But when I tried to do another INDIRECT much like you describe they all stay
red and do not bold

wrote:
I am trying to set up a conditional formula to look at a value in row "K"
then highlight the entire row. The catch is that I want it to highlight in
red if the value is between "1 years, 0 months, 0 days" and "2 years, 0
months, 0 days" and I want it to be bold red if the value is greater than "2
years, 0 months, 0 days" My current formula is =INDIRECT("K"&ROW())"1
years, 0 months, 0 days"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

got it. I had to switch my conditions so that greater than 2 was first and
greater than 1 was second. No one more problem....One of my dates is 14
years out and it is being recognized as 1 year...thus red and not bold. any
suggestions???

wrote:
I am trying to set up a conditional formula to look at a value in row "K"
then highlight the entire row. The catch is that I want it to highlight in
red if the value is between "1 years, 0 months, 0 days" and "2 years, 0
months, 0 days" and I want it to be bold red if the value is greater than "2
years, 0 months, 0 days" My current formula is =INDIRECT("K"&ROW())"1
years, 0 months, 0 days"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to be careful about the order of conditional formats. I am
not sure why a date 14 year out would not be greater than 2. You can
narrow down the problem by checking whether the value in column k in
that row, e.g. 5, is evaluated as being greater than 2 with a formula
like inany cell

=k52

If that evalautes to False, then the problem is in the data. If it is
true, then the problem is probably somewhere in the condition logic.

Ken

wrote:
I am trying to set up a conditional formula to look at a value in row "K"
then highlight the entire row. The catch is that I want it to highlight in
red if the value is between "1 years, 0 months, 0 days" and "2 years, 0
months, 0 days" and I want it to be bold red if the value is greater than "2
years, 0 months, 0 days" My current formula is =INDIRECT("K"&ROW())"1
years, 0 months, 0 days"- Hide quoted text -