Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking 2 documents

I have a workbook, say it's named BUSINESS PLAN with 10 worksheets within it
...... saved on drive C. Within it is a worksheet named BLANKET PO (that
everyone needs to view) .......... I have also saved BLANKET PO as it's own
workbook on my network, drive F:, for everyone to view. How can I link drive
C: BUSINESS PLAN [BLANKET PO] to drive F: BLANKET PO so that when I update
drive C: BUSINESS PLAN [BLANKET PO] it will automatically update drive F:
BLANKET PO
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Banned

Hi Hoosiers:

A non-macro approach would be to link the cells in the worksheet of
BlanketPO workbook to the BlanketPO worksheet of the BusinessPlan workbook.

so you will use the following formula in cell A1 of the worksheet in
BlanketPO workbook:

=[BusinessPlan.xls]BlanketPO!A1

and copy this down and across to as many cells as needed.

This approach may or may not work for you.

"Hoosiers" wrote:

I have a workbook, say it's named BUSINESS PLAN with 10 worksheets within it
..... saved on drive C. Within it is a worksheet named BLANKET PO (that
everyone needs to view) .......... I have also saved BLANKET PO as it's own
workbook on my network, drive F:, for everyone to view. How can I link drive
C: BUSINESS PLAN [BLANKET PO] to drive F: BLANKET PO so that when I update
drive C: BUSINESS PLAN [BLANKET PO] it will automatically update drive F:
BLANKET PO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GQC GQC is offline

What has worked for me is to open two Excel programs ; one workbook is
your Business Plan ; the other workbook is Blanket PO ; split the
screens so that each workbook is visible ; then copy the cell from
Business Plan and "past special" to the Blanket PO ; this is how I do
bookeeping with Excel and therefore have current totals each time an
entry is made in the first workbook or worksheet.

Take Care ! Have Fun !

gqc