Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to copy formulas using $ in Excel

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php
ASAP UTILITIES has a great add in for this under "formulas"( free download )
But you can also go to Find- Replace

e.g. =(F11-F6)/(F14*3)

Find : F
Replace with : $F$ etc

"clischak" wrote:

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To do exactly what you're asking would either require VBA or be manually done.

But....this may be what you "need":

Select the range of formulas

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<replace
Find what: =
Replace with: |= (that's the pipe character on the [\] key above [enter])
Click [replace all]
(That will prepend a pipe char to all of the formulas, making them text )
Copy the range to wherever you want

Select the range(s) impacted
<edit<replace
Find what: |=
Replace with: =
Click [replace all]
(that will convert them back to the original formulas)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"clischak" wrote:

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another Way... Press Ctrl+` (ToolsOptionsViewFormulas) and then copy
formulas to notepad and back to new destination.

Or... on large ranges (2K) Press Ctrl+` and then Ctrl+C twice and
paste back using the icon on the task pane.

clischak wrote:

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To change all at once would require a macro,

Sub Absolute()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Might be just as easy to select the the cells and EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy the cells to new area then reverse the editreplace in both ranges.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP