Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how to copy formulas using $ in Excel

To change all at once would require a macro,

Sub Absolute()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
End If
Next
End Sub

Might be just as easy to select the the cells and EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy the cells to new area then reverse the editreplace in both ranges.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:19:00 -0800, clischak
wrote:

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.