Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default how to copy formulas using $ in Excel

To do exactly what you're asking would either require VBA or be manually done.

But....this may be what you "need":

Select the range of formulas

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<replace
Find what: =
Replace with: |= (that's the pipe character on the [\] key above [enter])
Click [replace all]
(That will prepend a pipe char to all of the formulas, making them text )
Copy the range to wherever you want

Select the range(s) impacted
<edit<replace
Find what: |=
Replace with: =
Click [replace all]
(that will convert them back to the original formulas)

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"clischak" wrote:

I have a block of cells with formulas. I want to change all of the cells
within the block to include $ in the formulas so that I can copy the block
and have each block identical.