Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sc sc is offline

Default How do I copy a group of worksheets with named ranges in Excel 200

I have 2 worksheets that I want to group and copy. In Excel 2003 when I
select the 2 worksheets and create a copy I'm prompted to create a new name
for the reference cells so the formulas don't refer back to the wrong
worksheet, in addition the grouped worksheets have formulas and values that
refer to each other and are automatically updated to the new copies names
(again so they don't refer to the originals but the copied worksheets).
In the new Excel (2007 Beta) this doesn't happen and I'd have to manually
update all the formulas and named ranges.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This may be a bug in XL 2007.

Best thing to do is contact the XL 2007 bloggers, he
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/ and ask if they are aware of a similar issue.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"sc" wrote:

I have 2 worksheets that I want to group and copy. In Excel 2003 when I
select the 2 worksheets and create a copy I'm prompted to create a new name
for the reference cells so the formulas don't refer back to the wrong
worksheet, in addition the grouped worksheets have formulas and values that
refer to each other and are automatically updated to the new copies names
(again so they don't refer to the originals but the copied worksheets).
In the new Excel (2007 Beta) this doesn't happen and I'd have to manually
update all the formulas and named ranges.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi sc,

This was a known bug that's been fixed in the most current builds (and
should be fixed for RTM). However, since there have been bugs in this area,
it'd be great if you could send me the workbook as well as detailed steps
that repro the problem so we can take a look.

Cheers,
Dan
Excel Team

Note: We've only got a couple weeks to get bugs filed and fixed, so if I've
requested additional info via email, it'd be great if you can get that to us
ASAP. Please include any necessary sample files, as well as detailed repro
steps so that we can try to reproduce the problem on our side. Also - if
you're emailing me directly (definitely the most efficient at this point)
you'll want to fixup my email address to remove everything after danbatt and
before the @