Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can apply an auto format using Format - AutoFormat (don't do this on
list over 10,000 rows as it is painfully slow). If the list is over 10,000
the use a pivot table...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"dfw in NJ" wrote:

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jim,

Based on what differentiates these lines have a go with Conditional
Formatting ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim: Thanks for the suggestion.

Using the lists in autoformat provides a solution.

I guess I have to go to conditional formatting (see Carim's suggestion) if
I want to change the color of the font..????

dfw

"dfw in NJ" wrote:

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Example of an event macro which colors 5 cells to its right if the word
"Subtotal" is entered in the reference range A1:A10 ... Adjust to
your needs

If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
If Target.Value = "Subtotal" Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1:E1").Interior.ColorIndex = 6

HTH
Cheers
Carim