-   -   How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112855-how-can-i-color-only-subtotal-lines-excel-2002-a.html)

dfw in NJ

How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?

Jim Thomlinson

How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

You can apply an auto format using Format - AutoFormat (don't do this on
list over 10,000 rows as it is painfully slow). If the list is over 10,000
the use a pivot table...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"dfw in NJ" wrote:

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?

Carim

How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

Hi Jim,

Based on what differentiates these lines have a go with Conditional
Formatting ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

dfw in NJ

How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

Jim: Thanks for the suggestion.

Using the lists in autoformat provides a solution.

I guess I have to go to conditional formatting (see Carim's suggestion) if
I want to change the color of the font..????

dfw

"dfw in NJ" wrote:

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?

Carim

How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

Hi,

Example of an event macro which colors 5 cells to its right if the word
"Subtotal" is entered in the reference range A1:A10 ... Adjust to
your needs

If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
If Target.Value = "Subtotal" Then
Target.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1:E1").Interior.ColorIndex = 6

HTH
Cheers
Carim