Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dfw in NJ dfw in NJ is offline

Default How can I color only subtotal lines in Excel 2002?

Jim: Thanks for the suggestion.

Using the lists in autoformat provides a solution.

I guess I have to go to conditional formatting (see Carim's suggestion) if
I want to change the color of the font..????

dfw

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can apply an auto format using Format - AutoFormat (don't do this on
list over 10,000 rows as it is painfully slow). If the list is over 10,000
the use a pivot table...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"dfw in NJ" wrote:

I believe 2003 has this abiltiy; is there a macro that will facilitate the
selection and formatting of the subtotal likes themselves, and not the lines
of the list that is subtotaled?