Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forms & Excel

Hi all

I have seen some folk posting questions relating to "Form(s)"..

Just need a point of clarification outlining if the term "Form(s)" is
similar to those used in MSAccess, or is it a term used purely to identify a
Worksheet that someone structured to emulate / look like it which contains
Navigational Macro Buttons.

I can find no reference to "Forms" and or creating them in the help file
(Using XL2007 BTW).

The only reason I am asking is that I noticed this peice of code in this NG:

SUB ShowTheForm()
userform1.Show
END SUB

Is this feature something that is only included in 2010 as it would be so
handy rather than having to manually size and spacing everything....

Look forward to your comments.

TIA
Mick.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

UserForms are created using VBA

Have a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for how to create a UserForm.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlUserForm01.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:53:59 +1100, "Vacuum Sealed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you to both

I will have some fun learning a new chapter of Excel..

cheers
Mick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guy's

Can I call upon your expertise again please....

Essentially, I am using the UserForm purely as a navigation point for
everyone to go to rather than have to go to numerous file locations, so
essentially the Form is populated with a TabControl with multiple Tabs
assigned to each department for ease of access to their respective files...

Now this is where I'm not sure if I have set it up correctly, using the
Workbooks On_Open() Event it shows the Modul Form quiet well, and I can move
the focus away from it to the active sheet that I choose via any of the
created CmdBtn's, but being that I have the Form attached to the On_Open()
Event, once it is hidden, how can I set the focus back on it.

I inserted a CmdBtn on one of the files which I navigated to with the
following:

Sub Menu_Show()

Workbooks("PFMenu.xls").Activate
Sheets("Menu").Activate
UserForm1.Show

End Sub

but It got hung up on the Userform1.Show

I have had many years working with Access Forms and setting focus between
active and hiding, Pop_Up & Modul Forms although this is way new for me,
with this in mind, what is the best way to approach the following please:

1.
Rather than have the Workbook which houses the UserForm open in FullScreen,
can it open just to the dimensions of the Modul window with no Ribbon or any
other telltale overhead controls, essentially just leaving the Form in full
view and nothing else.

2.
Keep the UserForm active yet hidden so it can be called upon whenever a
user(s) need to navigate to another file.

3.
How well will this work with multiple users accessing it at one time.

Look forward to some interesting & positive suggestions.

TIA
Mick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, you lost me half-way through.

For my 0.02 of worth - some considerations:
- to re-activate the form you'll need to call a code somehow - being
that a menubar or ribbon item, so extra coding required
- if this is supposed to be a purely navigation utility i'd consider
having a worksheet with hyperlinks in it and the files would be
accessed via the hyperlinks in the tab as oppose to the tabcontrol on
a userform.

On Mar 18, 12:48*pm, "Vacuum Sealed" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thx AB

Appreciate the advice.

Cheers