Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vacuum Sealed[_2_] Vacuum Sealed[_2_] is offline

Default Forms & Excel

Guy's

Can I call upon your expertise again please....

Essentially, I am using the UserForm purely as a navigation point for
everyone to go to rather than have to go to numerous file locations, so
essentially the Form is populated with a TabControl with multiple Tabs
assigned to each department for ease of access to their respective files...

Now this is where I'm not sure if I have set it up correctly, using the
Workbooks On_Open() Event it shows the Modul Form quiet well, and I can move
the focus away from it to the active sheet that I choose via any of the
created CmdBtn's, but being that I have the Form attached to the On_Open()
Event, once it is hidden, how can I set the focus back on it.

I inserted a CmdBtn on one of the files which I navigated to with the
following:

Sub Menu_Show()

Workbooks("PFMenu.xls").Activate
Sheets("Menu").Activate
UserForm1.Show

End Sub

but It got hung up on the Userform1.Show

I have had many years working with Access Forms and setting focus between
active and hiding, Pop_Up & Modul Forms although this is way new for me,
with this in mind, what is the best way to approach the following please:

1.
Rather than have the Workbook which houses the UserForm open in FullScreen,
can it open just to the dimensions of the Modul window with no Ribbon or any
other telltale overhead controls, essentially just leaving the Form in full
view and nothing else.

2.
Keep the UserForm active yet hidden so it can be called upon whenever a
user(s) need to navigate to another file.

3.
How well will this work with multiple users accessing it at one time.

Look forward to some interesting & positive suggestions.

TIA
Mick