Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting rid of the green triangles in XL 2010

Hi,
I wrote a spreadsheet program that was written in XL 2007.
Our company has now upgraded to XL 2010.
Many cells have Conditional Formatting and do not appear until certain
values are entered. This keeps the spreadsheet clean and simple.
Excel 2010 has a feature that displays a little green triangle in the top
left hand corner. This is visual even with the Conditional Formatting on. I
just started using 2010 today, but I believe it shows formula errors such as
" Value!".
The whole company is asking me about the green dots all over the spreadsheet
program now. It looks weird.
Is there a way in Visual Basic to turn these off, say when the spreadsheet
is first loading or activated?
Hope I explained this that you can understand.
We have Windows 7 64 bit with Excel 2010.
Thanks in advance,
Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Amy,

File - Options - Formulas
Look at the Error Checking Rules, and turn off as many as you want.

Or, change the error color indicator to white. That will still alert you to
an error when the cell is selected, but you wont be able to see the
triangles (as long as you have white cell background).

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com