Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how get rid of upper left green triangles?

Thanks in advance.
I have a macro that using OpenText takes some numbers and
puts them in columns.
After doing this, Excel puts those little green triangles
in the upper left corner. I want to get rid of these cause
they are an eyesore.
I recorded a macro of clicking on the cell, clicking on
the down arrow to the left of the cell when the down arrow
shows up, and clicking on 'Ignore Error', but the macro
just records Range("A1").Select.
Anyone know some code to get rid of these triangles?
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ian

Go to Tools -Options ...Error Checking
Now deselect all things you not wnat to check

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Ian Elliott" wrote in message ...
Thanks in advance.
I have a macro that using OpenText takes some numbers and
puts them in columns.
After doing this, Excel puts those little green triangles
in the upper left corner. I want to get rid of these cause
they are an eyesore.
I recorded a macro of clicking on the cell, clicking on
the down arrow to the left of the cell when the down arrow
shows up, and clicking on 'Ignore Error', but the macro
just records Range("A1").Select.
Anyone know some code to get rid of these triangles?
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian,

The tirangles are related to the Error Checking Options

You can turn them off using ToolsOptionsError Checking panel from the
Excel Menu or in VBA code with the following....... Set them to True to
turn them on again.

With Application.ErrorCheckingOptions
.EvaluateToError = False
.TextDate = False