Jonathan

Default Mass removal of green triangles

Using XL2002. When I open an old file or construct a new one with slabs of
copying, I sometimes get green triangles all down a long column of results. I
appreciate the warning about potential errors but then I want to remove the
triangles. Individually I can click on Ignore Error, but that gets tedious
when there's a hundred to do, or even a dozen. I don't want to turn off Smart
Tags altogether as I'm generally happy with them. Is there a way of mass
acceptance of Ignore Error?
Jim Rech

They are not smart tags but rather "background error checking" indicators.
You can turn them on/off under Tools, Options, Error Checking.

--
Jim
"Jonathan" wrote in message
| Using XL2002. When I open an old file or construct a new one with slabs of
| copying, I sometimes get green triangles all down a long column of
results. I
| appreciate the warning about potential errors but then I want to remove
the
| triangles. Individually I can click on Ignore Error, but that gets tedious
| when there's a hundred to do, or even a dozen. I don't want to turn off
Smart
| Tags altogether as I'm generally happy with them. Is there a way of mass
| acceptance of Ignore Error?

Jonathan

Thanks for your quick response Jim, and I accept your correction.

I realise I can turn the background error checking off and they'll vanish,
but I have assumed they must be of use (or those Nice Chaps in MS wouldn't
have invented them) so have been leaving them showing. Is there a way of
mass-acceptance?