DrB

Default Format color - darker green available?

Using number format custom to have my numbers come out green or red
depending upon + or - values. The green in [Green0%;Red0%] is too light. I
want to use dark green, but if I put that in it does not work. Is there a
way to get Dark Green to show up in above formatting?

Dave Breitenbach

If its only for negative vs positive numbers. Use a format with no colors in
the column and then use conditional formatting with 2 conditions - one for
negative numbers and one for positive numbers. (under format puuldown menu)

hth

"DrB" wrote:

Using number format custom to have my numbers come out green or red
depending upon + or - values. The green in [Green0%;Red0%] is too light. I
want to use dark green, but if I put that in it does not work. Is there a
way to get Dark Green to show up in above formatting?

DrB

I tried conditional formatting and decided with number formatting for some
reason some time back with this data. So is there any other choices on
colors with number formatting besides black and red?

"Dave Breitenbach" wrote in
message ...

"DrB" wrote:

Using number format custom to have my numbers come out green or red
depending upon + or - values. The green in [Green0%;Red0%] is too light.
want to use dark green, but if I put that in it does not work. Is there a
way to get Dark Green to show up in above formatting?

Debra Dalgleish

There's a list of the colours in Excel's Help, under 'Number format
codes'. They a

[Black] [Blue]
[Cyan] [Green]
[Magenta] [Red]