Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Absolute Scale of Chart Printout

I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best way is to experiment manually. The print menu has a scale option
and adjust the scale numbe to meet your requirements. the workshet is
dimensioned in pixels and the only inch (cm) options ar on the print menu for
the border.

"tomcee" wrote:

I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, But I'm looking for a more well-defined approach.

anybody?

Thanks,
TomC

"tomcee" wrote:
I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the problem is the screen is inj pixels and the page size is in inches. The
mapping between the pixels and the inches is dependant on the print drive and
the size of you monitor. One way to minimize the vairbles is to set the
printer option to scale to fit paper size. Then in excel set the Print area.
the you have to figure the number of pixels arre in the print areaa you
defined on the worksheet.

The run this macro to find the number of pixels in your print area

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 9/14/2009 by jwarburg
'

'
StartRow = InputBox("Enter Start Row")
EndRow = InputBox("Enter End Row")
StartCol = InputBox("Enter Start Column")
EndCol = InputBox("Enter End Column")

PixelsRow = 0
For RowCount = StartRow To EndRow
PixelsRow = PixelsRow + Rows(RowCount).RowHeight
Next RowCount

PixelsCol = 0
For ColCount = StartCol To EndCol
PixelsCol = PixelsCol + Columns(ColCount).RowHeight
Next ColCount

MsgBox ("Your area is " & PixelsRow & " high by " & PixelsCol & " wide")
End Sub

The print scaling will scale proportionaly so the so you have to figure out
wha the scaling ratios are. And then in the end you will havve to make minor
adjustments for the border area the print dirve is using or change the size
of the border.

"tomcee" wrote:
I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"tomcee" wrote:
I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC- Hide quoted text -

Joel:

Thank you very much! This seems to be what I was looking for. I'll
give it a try.

Regards,
TomC