Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TomCee TomCee is offline

Default Absolute Scale of Chart Printout

On Sep 14, 5:36*am, Joel wrote:
the problem is the screen is inj pixels and the page size is in inches. *The
mapping between the pixels and the inches is dependant on the print drive and
the size of you monitor. *One way to minimize the vairbles is to set the
printer option to scale to fit paper size. *Then in excel set the Print area.
*the you have to figure the number of pixels arre in the print areaa you
defined on the worksheet. *

The run this macro to find the number of pixels in your print area

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 9/14/2009 by jwarburg
'

'
StartRow = InputBox("Enter Start Row")
EndRow = InputBox("Enter End Row")
StartCol = InputBox("Enter Start Column")
EndCol = InputBox("Enter End Column")

PixelsRow = 0
For RowCount = StartRow To EndRow
* *PixelsRow = PixelsRow + Rows(RowCount).RowHeight
Next RowCount

PixelsCol = 0
For ColCount = StartCol To EndCol
* *PixelsCol = PixelsCol + Columns(ColCount).RowHeight
Next ColCount

MsgBox ("Your area is " & PixelsRow & " high by " & PixelsCol & " wide")
End Sub

The print scaling will scale proportionaly so the so you have to figure out
wha the scaling ratios are. *And then in the end you will havve to make minor
adjustments for the border area the print dirve is using or change the size
of the border.

"tchrapkiewicz" wrote:
Thanks, But I'm looking for a more well-defined approach.

anybody?

Thanks,
TomC

On Aug 23, 5:48 pm, Joel wrote:
The best way is to experiment manually. *The print menu has a scale option
and adjust the scale numbe to meet your requirements. *the workshet is
dimensioned in pixels and the only inch (cm) options ar on the print menu for
the border.

"tomcee" wrote:
I am generating charts with excel and would like it, when printed to
be at a specific scale.

For instance, I have a xy chart which has a circle plotted on a grid
that I would like to print as 10 squares per inch (or possible 2
squares per centemeter) grid on the paper, and the circle to be
precisely 3 inch diameter.

Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
TomC- Hide quoted text -

Joel:

Thank you very much! This seems to be what I was looking for. I'll
give it a try.

Regards,
TomC