Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook still won't save customized QAT

I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I had
no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or have any
ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

It looks like this is a bug in SP2 but I am not sure
It is working OK for me on a system with no SP and also in the beta of Excel 2010

I report this bug so we must wait before it is fixed

As a workaround you can add a ribbon tab ?
Is that a option for you

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John" wrote in message ...
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I had
no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or have any
ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

I've never added a ribbon tab before, but that would probably work. The
workbook will be passed around to dozens of co-workers when I'm finished so
I need to have some sort of interface for them to access my macros.

"John" wrote in message
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I had
no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or have any
ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

If you have problems let me know

--

"John" wrote in message
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I had
no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or have any
ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, I'll try that.
I noticed I can customize my QAT if I add an Excel button to my workbook. It
fails when I add a macro to my workbook. Would this problem have anything to
do with the VBE setting: Tools-References-Available References?

"John" wrote in message
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I
had no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or
have any ideas? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"John" wrote in message
Hi Ron,

I've never added a ribbon tab before, but that would probably work. The
workbook will be passed around to dozens of co-workers when I'm
finished so I need to have some sort of interface for them to access my
macros.

. ..

"John" wrote in message
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I
had no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or
have any ideas? *Thanks.

You have to remove all the paths inside the customUI.xml file and
leave the macro names only.

Detailed Solution:

Rename your file with a .zip extension.
Open the customUI.xml file in the userCustomization folder.
For every button you have, there will be an "idQ" property.
That property will have the full path of the macro.

Remove the whole path except for the macro name so the format is like
this:
idQ="doc:MacroName_1"
(you want to leave the "doc:" and the "_1" there)

Also, remove the path from the onAction property:
onAction="MacroName"

That's it. Save the file, change it back to an .xlsm file, and the
buttons are there!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

I see, not a very good fix for a normal user<g

I hope they can fix it but it is a nasty bug

Thanks for your reply

--

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming