Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Customized marcos cannot save to tools-bar

Dear expert,
Wanna customize a macro in Tools-bar. Have right-click the tools-bar, then
add the smily face button, have assigned the macro, finally rename and select
TEXT Only.
The question is that I exit the Excel and the button (new button in
tools-bar should have been saved automatically), but .... when I turned Excel
off, the button gone nowhere.
Can you tell what is wrong with my Excel setting please ?
Thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Elton,

Those changes are stored in a file named, depending on the version that you have, Excel8.xlb -
Excel11.xlb

Search for that file - it is usually stored in a folder named:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\

If you are on a network, and do not have write permission for that file, changes to your toolbar may
not be saved. Talk to your network admin in that case.

If that file is corrupted, changes may not be saved. Try renaming the existing file to whatever.BAK,
and start up Excel. When Excel doesn't find the file, it will create a new one, which you can use
when making your changes - see if they stick, and if they do, then you had a corrupt .xlb file.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP