Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook won't save customized QAT

I added a few buttons to my QAT linked to macros I've created. When I save
my workbook and re-open it, the custom macro buttons are no longer there. I
selected "Choose commandse from macros" and for (my workbook). What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a problem in SP2 with this.
It is working Ok on a machine of mine without a SP and in 2010

I am waiting for others to confirm this.
I will create a bug report then

Do you use 2007 SP2 ?

"John" wrote:s

I added a few buttons to my QAT linked to macros I've created. When I save
my workbook and re-open it, the custom macro buttons are no longer there. I
selected "Choose commandse from macros" and for (my workbook). What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply John

I can repro it only on a SP2 system but maybe it is a stand alone update.
I am on vacation now so I test more when I am home.

"John" wrote:

I use 2007 SP1.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
There is a problem in SP2 with this.
It is working Ok on a machine of mine without a SP and in 2010

I am waiting for others to confirm this.
I will create a bug report then

Do you use 2007 SP2 ?

"John" wrote:s

I added a few buttons to my QAT linked to macros I've created. When I
save
my workbook and re-open it, the custom macro buttons are no longer there.
selected "Choose commandse from macros" and for (my workbook). What
gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"John" wrote:
I use 2007 SP1.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
There is a problem in SP2 with this.
It is working Ok on a machine of mine without a SP and in 2010

I am waiting for others to confirm this.
I will create a bug report then

Do you use 2007 SP2 ?

"John" wrote:s

I added a few buttons to my QAT linked to macros I've created. When I
save
my workbook and re-open it, the custom macro buttons are no longer there.
selected "Choose commandse from macros" and for (my workbook). What
gives?

You have to remove all the paths inside the customUI.xml file and
leave the macro names only.

Detailed Solution:

Rename your file with a .zip extension.
Open the customUI.xml file in the userCustomization folder.
For every button you have, there will be an "idQ" property.
That property will have the full path of the macro.

Remove the whole path except for the macro name so the format is like
this:
idQ="doc:MacroName_1"
(you want to leave the "doc:" and the "_1" there)

Also, remove the path from the onAction property:
onAction="MacroName"

That's it. Save the file, change it back to an .xlsm file, and the
buttons are there!