Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John[_140_] John[_140_] is offline

Default Workbook still won't save customized QAT

Thanks, I'll try that.
I noticed I can customize my QAT if I add an Excel button to my workbook. It
fails when I add a macro to my workbook. Would this problem have anything to
do with the VBE setting: Tools-References-Available References?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi John

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

If you have problems let me know
--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John" wrote in message
Hi Ron,

I've never added a ribbon tab before, but that would probably work. The
workbook will be passed around to dozens of co-workers when I'm finished
so I need to have some sort of interface for them to access my macros.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi John

It looks like this is a bug in SP2 but I am not sure
It is working OK for me on a system with no SP and also in the beta of
Excel 2010

I report this bug so we must wait before it is fixed

As a workaround you can add a ribbon tab ?
Is that a option for you

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John" wrote in message
I posted an earlier message regarding this problem, but have still not
resolved it (Excel 2007). I customize my QAT to include macros for my
workbook. When I close, then reopen my workbook, the customized macro
buttons are no longer on the QAT. The puzzling thing is, a month ago I
had no problems saving macros on my QAT. Anyone know a work-around or
have any ideas? Thanks.