Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automating marrying PERSONAL.XLS and Excel11.xlb?

Whenever I go to a new contract and set up, I have to then manually
assign all my macros to my custom buttons on the Excel11.xlb. I was
wondering if there was a quicker, easier way to do this
programatically, somehow?

Thanks! :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not create the buttons in the open event and ensure they are deleted
when it unloads (particularly if temporarily on someone else's system). IOW,
same way it would be done with an addin.

Regards,
Peter T

"StargateFan" wrote in message
Whenever I go to a new contract and set up, I have to then manually
assign all my macros to my custom buttons on the Excel11.xlb. I was
wondering if there was a quicker, easier way to do this
programatically, somehow?

Thanks! :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:18:59 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

Thanks for the response! I missed them before. Sorry about that!

I'm thankfully in another contract with XL2003, so I can use my xlb
file. I'll look at the links above to see what is pertinent to 2003.

Thanks once again! :oD

StargateFan wrote:

Whenever I go to a new contract and set up, I have to then manually
assign all my macros to my custom buttons on the Excel11.xlb. I was
wondering if there was a quicker, easier way to do this
programatically, somehow?

Thanks! :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Yes, thought as much. I'd seen JW's menumaker before and it is very
good. It's recommended in these ngs every once in a while.

The second link is very interesting. I've saved it to see what I can
come up with. Might come in handy one day.

Well, I see that I'll have to continue doing what I'm doing. It was
more out of curiousity than anything. I will probably stay
pre-XL2007, personally, for as long as I can as I prefer it.
Something about the ability to really customize toolbars, etc. At
least until editing the ribbon becomes as easy and as versatile as
what I have now. Currently it's extremely limited without having much
more advanced skills than I have. I get better results quicker with
my probably much more simple and uncomplicated methods that I use now.
I've icons from all over the place in my toolbar, some I've even
created myself. Despite the initial time to marry the macros of the
Personal.xls to the XLB, the rest of it is easy as the the majority of
the added buttons on it are XL-based. My toolbar has the ribbon beat
hands down in another way, it's _fast_. I have one-click-access to
everything I need right on the main interface, at least to the initial
boxes, of course. Obviously I still have to click through submenus
get to their options! <g

Well, it was worth a shot. One doesn't know until one asks when one
has looked for answers and not found anything. The only challenge is
when in one contract, I'm moved around a bit from one desk to another.
It happens. I find myself having to spend a little bit of time
setting up XL, Word, Outlook each time re my personal toolbars. I was
hoping there was at least a more automated way with XL at least that
could use relative folder paths, etc., so that with one click of a
script, the XL macros would be assigned to the XL buttons no matter
which system I was on. Oh well. <g

Thanks! Appreciate the help. :oD

StargateFan wrote:

Whenever I go to a new contract and set up, I have to then manually
assign all my macros to my custom buttons on the Excel11.xlb. I was
wondering if there was a quicker, easier way to do this
programatically, somehow?

Thanks! :oD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Every day, there seems to be more questions relating to xl2007 and the ribbon.
You may want to spend a little time on Ron's site (and with a book) to get used
to the interface and the ribbon customization code.

It's a gap that I haven't begun to address for my own self.