Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel performance problem (Excel11.xlb file)

On some of our PC, the Excel11.xlb file is very very big (20 to 50Mb) and
its size increase by 30k each time Excel is closed!!!
This have a very bad impact on Excel Performance especially at the closing
time
I know that we can delete the file and then get a new one that is 40k only
but how to stop the 30k increase mechanism? To which setting can be linked
this feature?

Thanks for your help
Alain79

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

probably there is some badly-written VBA somewhere (.XLA or Personal.xls or
....) which is modifying toolbars or menus but not resetting them when
closing.

--
Charles
______________________

"Alain79" wrote in message
On some of our PC, the Excel11.xlb file is very very big (20 to 50Mb) and
its size increase by 30k each time Excel is closed!!!
This have a very bad impact on Excel Performance especially at the closing
time
I know that we can delete the file and then get a new one that is 40k only
but how to stop the 30k increase mechanism? To which setting can be linked
this feature?

Thanks for your help
Alain79

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes indeed, there is at least one xla application installed... What do you
mean by reseting?

On one hand, the xla application I have written add two drop down menu list
to the standard Excel menubar and this as soon as excel is launched whatever
can be the workbook you open... If this is the reason what should I do? Can
I trap the excel closing in my xla application in such a way the added menus
are removed before closing?

On the other hand, depending on the PC we realize the test, some machine add
30k to this file at each Exel closing, some other not!!!

Thanks for your Help
Alain79

"Alain79" wrote in message
On some of our PC, the Excel11.xlb file is very very big (20 to 50Mb)

and
its size increase by 30k each time Excel is closed!!!
This have a very bad impact on Excel Performance especially at the

closing
time
I know that we can delete the file and then get a new one that is 40k

only
but how to stop the 30k increase mechanism? To which setting can be

linked
this feature?

Thanks for your help
Alain79

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alain,

The XLA needs to programmatically delete and then add the menu lists when
the xla is opened (Workbook_Open event of the xla) and programmatically
delete the menu lists when the xla is closed (workbook_BeforeClose event of
the xla).

Charles